How To Register An Rca Universal Remote
RCA Universal Remote: RCA universal remotes are supposed to make life easier — and they do. But since you can reap the benefits of controlling your entire home opera house setup (television, set-top box, loudspeaker, and all) from one remote control, you need to walk the lane to set it up. This can be a bit of an objection.
Fortunately, Digital Trends is here to lend a helping hand. Below, we explain how to how to program an RCA ubiquitous inaccessible using the automatic code search method. Why? Because it’s the durable and easiest way to pair your inaccessible control with the other hardware in your home theater arsenal.
Rca Universal Remote Codes
With the proper device code, you can register an RCA universal inaccessible government to control any device that supports inaccessible control. Finding the code is as simple as visiting the RCA Remote Code Finder and entering your product information. Some remotes even have an Automatic Code Search feature, allowing you to skip the web search. Even without the Automatic Code Search, the built-in Manual Code Search that should be able to program any compatible device.
Locate the code for your device in the RCA inaccessible Code Finder. Entering a device code is the fastest way to program your RCA universal inaccessible. The code for your device will vary depending on your model of RCA remote.
- In the RCA inaccessible Code Finder, select the model number of your inaccessible control from the “Model” drop-down. You can find your model number printed on the bottom of your remote.
- Choose the type of device you want to program under “Product Type.”
- Find the brand of your device (e.g., Sharp, Sony) in the search results. The numerical code next to the brand name is the code you’ll need to enter
Locate the button on the inaccessible for your device. Your inaccessible should have several buttons labeled with different device types.
- For example, the “TV” button would control your television, while the “CBL” or “SAT” button would control your cable or satellite box.
- The “AUX” button is usually assigned to stereo devices.
Rca Universal Remote Code Book
If your inaccessible has a Code Search button, the easiest way to pair devices is by directly entering the device codes.
- Find the device code for the equipment you want to control. You can find this code in your remote’s manual or use the RCA inaccessible code finder.
- Power on the equipment you want to pair.
- Press and hold the Code Search button on the remote.
- While still holding the Code Search Button, press the button on the universal inaccessible that matches the equipment you’re pairing (e.g. if it’s a sweet new flat screen TV, press the key for TV). The light on the remote will blink once and then stay steady.
- Enter the device remote code from Step 1. The light on the inaccessible should turn off.
- Test the inaccessible . Try several different functions to make sure everything is working. If it is, congrats! If not, proceed to the next set of instructions.
If the universal remote code didn’t work for you, or you were unable to find a code to enter, you can also use Code Search. This feature lets you run through every possible remote code until you find one that works.
- Power on the equipment you want to pair.
- Press and hold the Code Search button on the universal remote until the light turns on.
- While still holding the Code Search Button, press the button on the universal inaccessible that matches the equipment you’re pairing (e.g. if it’s a DVR, press the button for DVR). The light on the inaccessible will blink once and then stay steady.
- Press the power button on the universal inaccessible to send the next code to the equipment. Keep doing this until the equipment turns off. This means you’ve found the right inaccessible code. If the indicator light blinks four times when pressing the power button, you’ve gone through all available remote codes and the remote likely won’t work with your equipment.
- Press the Enter button on the universal remote to save the code.
- Test the remote to make sure everything works. If so, you’re good to go. If not, repeat the process.
How To Program Rca Universal Remote
RCA is one of the most well-known brands of universal remote controls for various appliances. Most RCA universal remote controls come with a guide that allows you to find the corresponding code to your television. However, if you are having trouble programming your remote, this step-by-step guide will teach you how to program your RCA universal remote, whether or not you have a code search button:
- Check to see if your remote has a “Code Search” button. This is usually at the top of your remote and should have the words “Code Search” above or below it.If your universal remote has that button or option, the easiest method to connect your device would be through entering the code for that specific device.If you don’t see this button, jump to the next section below.
- Turn on your TV and the device that you want to pair your remote with.
- Press and hold the Code Search button while pressing the device button that you want to pair. For example, you’re pairing your remote with a new TV, choose the TV key. If you want to pair your remote with a DVD player, press the code search button at the same time as the DVD button. The remote light will blink once then glow steadily.
Rca Universal Remote Code
If your remote doesn’t have the Code Search button, the programming process looks a little different:
- Power on the equipment you want to control.
- Press and hold the button on the universal remote that matches the device you’re pairing (e.g. if it’s a DVD player, press the DVD button). The light on the remote will blink once and then stay steady.
- While still holding the device button, press and hold the power button on the universal remote until the light turns off and on (about three seconds).
- Release the power and device buttons. The power button light should stay on to indicate you’re in pairing mode. If it doesn’t, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Press the power button on the universal remote to scan through the available remote codes. When your equipment turns off, you’ve found the correct universal remote code. If the remote’s indicator light blinks four times, it means you’ve gone through the entire list and the remote likely won’t work for your equipment.
- Press the Stop button on the universal remote to save the remote code.
- Test the remote’s functions to make sure everything works.
This looks like a lot, but it’s actually not too bad. Once you’ve got the remote working with one device, like your TV, just repeat the same process for the other equipment in your home theater setup. Eventually, you’ll have one remote to rule them all.
Rca Universal Remote Manual
If you don’t have a Code Search button, don’t worry. You can still program your remote control using codes from the manual or by checking the RCA remote code finder.
- Find your remote’s revision number and write it down. If you don’t know the revision number, you can find it by opening your battery cartridge and removing your batteries. Once you do, you should see a sticker inside with several numbers. The first one is your model number, ignore that for now. Just below the model number should be the revision code. It usually starts with the letter “R” and has 5 or 6 characters.
- Go to RCA’s website and search for your revision number from the drop-down menu. In order to quickly locate your revision number, type the first characters in the box.
- Choose the brand name of the device you are trying to connect to form the next drop-down menu. If you want the remote to work with your Samsung TV, enter Samsung under the “Device Brand Name” drop-down menu.
Select the kind of device that you want to connect to from the last drop-down menu. Search for the kind of device that you want to program. If you want to pair your remote with your TV, then select television. If you can’t see your device, it might be in the other category.
How do you do a code search on a RCA universal remote?
- Manually turn on the component you want to control.
- Press and hold the CODE SEARCH key until the remote’s indicator light comes on. …
- Press the component key you want to program. …
- Point the remote directly at the front panel of the component you want to control.
What are the codes for a RCA universal remote?
- Abex TV 1172.
- Admiral TV 1001 , 1046 , 1047 , 1083 , 1095 , 1173 , 1191 , 1211.
- Admiral VCR 2001.
- Advent TV 1005 , 1062 , 1219 , 1238 , 1291.
- Adventura TV 1174.
- Adventura VCR 2026.
- Aiko TV 1016.
- Aiko VCR 2027.
How do I program a RCA universal remote?
- Manually turn on your TV.
- Aim your remote at the TV panel and press and hold the TV button.
- Once the light is turned on, at the same time, press and hold the “On/Off” button until the light turns on again.